Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Take heart, my friend

“You may not remember the time you let me go first.
Or the time you dropped back to tell me it wasn't that far to go.
Or the time you waited at the crossroads for me to catch up.
You may not remember any of those, but I do and this is what I have to say to you:

Today, no matter what it takes,
we ride home together.”
   
Brian Andreas, Story People

My dear friend, Angie, wrote this about the burdens we are carrying on her blog yesterday. For my birthday she sent me a "mix tape" for suffering, something she knows more about than almost anyone I love. "Take heart my friend" sung by Fernando Ortega is the first track. Tonight she told me she planning to come visit me in the hospital next week.

We'll ride home together. No matter matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment