Sunday, September 30, 2012

Greater and more beautiful love


"To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life. But to feel the affection that comes from those whom we do not know, from those unknown to us, who are watching over our sleep and solitude, over our dangers and our weaknesses — that is something still greater and more beautiful because it widens out the boundaries of our being, and unites all living things."  Pablo Neruda, Childhood and Poetry

I am trying to piece together some kind of update since my post several weeks ago.  It seems like so much time has passed and way too much stuff.  I am truly not feeling well or healing from my surgeries like I had hoped,  I have needed to been quiet and still.  I have been in a dark place.  I know I've taken you there before, but I have wearied of living and telling this story of suffering and feel you must be exhausted from it too. 

Through miraculous God given strength and the wonders of modern chemistry I was determined to attend The Canton Chapter of the Foundation for Community Betterment's fifth annual Rocktoberfest celebration last night with my greatest supporter of all, my Dan.  I've written many times before about this amazing organization and very special group of people.  THIS VIDEO (click to link) was created by Len Cooper.  He came to our home and patiently interviewed me for over an hour about our story, and, although much of my rambling needed to be edited, including how important faith has been in this journey, it is a beautiful gift to hear in my own voice how much God has loved us through so many of you. 

Tonight I just want to say "thank you."  Dan and I were both overwhelmed by the support last night.  We felt alive for a few hours.  We felt like we might be able to keep moving.  We felt widened and united by your great and beautiful love.  Our hope remains! 

(Thank you to Christina Adam of Grace Designs Photography who gets credit for all the "good" photos included in the video. She will ever be our life photographer and friend.  Also, please forgive my brain fog moment when I say the cerebellum is at the base of the spinal cord instead of the brain.  Educating about Chiari and EDS will always be a life mission, and I want to make sure the facts are straight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment