Friday, September 9, 2011

My God will meet all your needs

"I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:18-19

I have quite a few posts I've worked on here and there the past couple of weeks. Danica's website has been down more than up. I have been frustrated and not able to really get it fixed or understand why. I wasn't directly involved in setting up the URL, so I am dependent on someone else. You'd think by now I would be a little better at asking for help and not being in control, but when it comes to technology I get really crazed.

In the meantime God has been answering some direct needs in amazing ways. One of the specific prayers I have had since I scheduled my three days of appointments with Dr. Henderson in Bethesda for October 19th-22nd, is clear leading. If this is where I need to go to finally get answers about my health God would provide the money. The first expensive visits must be paid up front. The travel is costly and immediately following we have another two day trip to Cincinnati for Danica.

In just a few weeks three separate events have been scheduled to help raise money for our family. Our dear photographer and friend, Christina Adam, of Grace Designs Photography planned a fundraising photoshoot for tomorrow. Within several days all 20 slots were filled. She has also set up a "chip in" account for people who would like to help but cannot attend. Her sweet event note has all the details. While I was sitting in the hospital during Dan's surgery Tuesday I got a note from Christina telling me her friend Alivia has a blog, Simply Give, and she was planning a silent auction to help us as well. My friend, Apryl, is also planning an event on Thursday night, Septmeber 22nd, at Faith Bible Church. I will make sure to link when I have more info. Here's the amazing thing, when I was trying to work through the blog issues and found all these sites pointing for one reason or another to Team Danica I stumbled across Kerri Wyatt Kent's e-newsletter on God's provision. It took me back to that first gift that God sent to show us He was indeed going to meet our needs. If you read through our story it chronicles the manna. He has always supplied enough for today and always made it clear it is from His hands.

Saturday night Dan and I had a soul wrenching heart to heart. He expressed to me how painful it has become for him to accept this help through people. I think we both thought we'd be climbing out of these circumstances by now. For a man who longs to be THE provider for his family it is particularly humbling to admit you just cannot do this alone. I am sure our family has acquired some critics of the compassion we have and continue to receive. Believe me, we torture ourselves with knowing others in similar and worse situations who have little or no support. We long to be able to finally be the ones strong enough and healthy enough to be giving back. We can only be faithful here and continue to humble ourselves and give Him the glory.

Thank you so much to each of you who continue to pray for us and love us. May God bless you as you continue to offer sacrifice for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment