Monday, March 7, 2011

PRAISE



I have so much to share about our current trip to Cincinnati, but I am truly barely surviving physically. I am afraid not to get it written down tonight because today was such an important day in our long journey, but I am realizing my limitations in even new ways being only two weeks post op and feeling so weak and still having so much pain. So, I am going to do a very short PRAISE version for all of you who aren't facebook friends who have been checking here for news.

DANICA'S MRI SHOWS NO HERNIATION!!!

This is the first time since September, 2009 we have seen a picture of her brain and spinal cord that shows her cerebellum exactly where it should be, tucked neatly in her skull. The hardware made reading the films a little more difficult, but it was beautifully clear she has great CSF flow to her brain. She is healing! If no neurological symptoms appear we do not have to repeat an MRI for a year!

Won't you please give God all the glory tonight for His mercy to our girl and to our family? Won't you sing a new song with us?

Here's the verses, Psalm 40:1-3, running through my head, and I will close with them for now,

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
and put their trust in him.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I've been praying and waiting for the news, and am so glad it's wonderful! I hope all of you are celebrating and enjoying the news and prioritizing your "real" list!

    ReplyDelete