Thursday, March 17, 2011

Light as Grace

"In a serene Bright,
In a more golden light
I see
Each little doubt and fear,
Each little discord here
Removed."

Emily Dickinson








My mom drove me to an early morning appointment to visit my surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic. On our way home we stopped back by my parent's house, and I went into the basement to try to imagine us living life there for awhile. I came home and began to notice and appreciate rays of light everywhere. I wonder how many times I have used the phrase "puddle of sunshine" in the past three years we have nested in this home. There are so many beautiful windows. On sunny days I feel like I live in my own cathedral.

Danica and I headed out to pick up Laney from the bus and rolled down our windows a little on our way. We sang songs and inhaled and exhaled the fresh air. Spontaneously we decided to eat at Milk and Honey on our way home. One of our favorite things about living where we do is being so close to such a fun place. Danica savored her "Superman" icecream. Then girls got squeaky clean, something we will NEVER take for granted again, and we sat down in the afternoon sun to collage our hopes for this spring while listening to one of our favorite playlists.

Today I saw every beam of light as pure Grace.










"And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to DWELL in." Isaiah 58:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment