Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Faith is the subtance of things hoped for

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have been spending the day in my pajamas just BEING with Danica. My amazing husband did three loads of laundry last night when we got home and was able to take this afternoon off to go get groceries and pick up Delaney from school. My adrenaline is pretty much gone, and I am in a lot of pain. Taking care of Danica sitting in one place was hard but keeping up with her now is an even more vigilant job. (She is truly only about fifty percent fused. I will talk more about this later.) I focused on just one thing today, my girl.

I have been jotting a few notes here and there to try to remember all the doctors said and everything that happened during our trip. Mostly, I have been hugging Danica a lot . . . and sniffing her head because she finally got her first bath and scrubbed her hair. We read so many books snuggled under the covers in my bed. She is obssessed with letters and words and can finally nestle in next to me without hurting me with her brace. I held her fleshy body close to me and felt her squishy little torso. We played doctor for a long time this afternoon. She wore her princess crown and in perfect order and doctor lingo checked all my vitals and gave me a diagnosis. Danica insists she will be a doctor someday, and I believe her more than ever because impossible is certainly not a word in this family anymore.

Every once in while I look over at my girl and start to cry. This child embodies so much faith, so much hope and so much love. You are ALL part of her miracle because of your faithful prayers and support. Thank you. You are part of something bigger than we can see now. You are investing in eternal things, not just physical. THIS love is as much a miracle as the healing happening in Danica's brain and spine.

I am posting the photos and videos from our trip below set to one of our "theme" songs, "What faith can do", by Kutless. I promise if you watch through to the end you'll see Danica walking. If you have shared Danica's story at all over the past year or asked people to pray for her and our family won't you please pass this post on through facebook or by email and ask them to praise God with us?

5 comments:

  1. I had tears! So happy for you guys and especially little Danica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful experience with all of us who have been out there cheering for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I will never get tired of watching this beautiful family video! I've watched it 3 times now and cried twice...happy tears~ So happy for all of you. And I think I will watch this video every day just to remind me, of what faith and God can do! Thanks for sharing your incredible journey with us, and giving us the most amazing gift of being able to pray for you, and see those prayers being answered. Love you guys. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God with you! How precious that you can cuddle up with that little beautiful. Thank you for linking up with (in)courage to share how your life is full!

    ReplyDelete