Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The doctrine that holds me


I am through four treatments with one more scheduled tomorrow.  I will have my catheter removed on Thursday and see my doctor on Friday.  I have been suffering more than I remember, but today I feel stronger and more hopeful this will bring me the eventual healing it did before. My heart is full of grace stories and gratitude as well as requests for prayer as we face ongoing needs.  I must wait to share and rest today.

This is what I know for sure.  My God is in control.  He is always good. He is orchestrating the details of my life, even the painful ones, for my good and His glory.  This is where peace that passes understanding is found.  This is the doctrine that holds me.  It does not lie in a dusty book somewhere but runs through the arteries of my physical and spiritual life.  This is why my hope remains!

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the future to God's love, and the present to God's providence."  St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment