Tuesday, February 21, 2012

11 years . . . Still Dancing


I am really too sick to write what is on my heart tonight.  I have a love letter to my husband swirling in my mind, but the pressure behind my right eye is so bad, and I must try to rest. 

Dan and I were just looking through the gallery of photos (password is "delaney") our friend Christina Adams of Grace Designs Photography took last year on our tenth anniversary celebration at Gervasi.  We listened to one of our love theme songs, Andrew Peterson's Dancing in the Minefields.  (We are hoping to hear him perform on the "Songs and Stories" tour next Sunday evening in Olmstead Falls with Steven Curtis Chapman and Josh Wilson.  God, please let me feel well enough to celebrate something with my Dan.)

We are worse for the wear after this past year, something I don't think we thought was possible, but we are more steady and sure too . . . in a way only THIS life God has given us could make us.  Most of all we keep loving because He first loved us and leads the way.  We will keep dancing at the foot of the cross because "we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." (Romans 8:37) 

We live in faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is Calvary Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment