Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Keep calm and carry on

Have I posted this as a subject before? I have this in a frame in my kitchen . . . well, I don't really have a kitchen any more, but it's hanging by my wet bar type kitchenette place in our new home. It reminds me every day to breathe and put one foot in front of the other.

I mentioned on facebook about a week ago that Danica has had some symptoms return. It's like you can see the Chiari in her face. She has been noticably limping and complaining her foot hurts her. Her spasticity has increased, and she has also been choking and waking every night. We had an appointment already scheduled with Dr. Crawford in Cincinnati for a week from today, June 28th, at 8:10 in the morning. This visit was about getting an x-ray to check on fusion. After talking to Dr. Crone's office today about Danica's issues he agreed we need to check the brain. Danica will be put to sleep and have an MRI immediately following her appointment with Dr. Crawford.

Will you please pray for us? It seems we cannot catch our breath for any amount of time before another wave knocks us over.

We are mostly moved and sleeping here at our new little nest. There are certainly adjustments, but I am looking and finding blessings everywhere as we settle. Even now Delaney is singing at the top of her lungs in her room with her dear neighborhood friend, Emma. They have played with their American Girl dolls and studied rocks and are kindred spirits in a gift from God kind of way. The safety of being on one level is also a blessing. I am not holding my breath every second of the day and exhausting myself going up and down the steps holding Danica's hand. Whatever God is asking us to do next I am resting in the sure provision of this place for now.

Carrying on. Our Hope remains!

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how I am looking forward to sitting next to you, holding your hand, and praying for you and your dear girls and Dan. Counting the hours...and praying fervently until we lift our voices TOGETHER. I love you.

    ReplyDelete