Monday, March 26, 2012

He's still saying "Yes".



"When Christ died he purchased for you the "Yes" to all God’s promises, and that includes the promise to use his sovereign power to govern all the inexplicable, maddening detours and delays of your life for wise and loving purposes. He is doing a thousand things for you and for his glory in your disappointed plans."

Tonight as I tucked my sweet girls in bed for the last time before we leave them, as I kissed my husband on the forehead, hot to my touch and so not feeling well, as I packed my bags for Maryland with my body in great pain and my mind and heart swirling I was reminded that even in all this God is still saying, "Yes" to me.

I have so much I've been trying to write about, but I can't seem to divide my thoughts into smaller concise posts or combine them into one big meaningful one. The adrenaline that kicks in before these kinds of trips, especially when I am the one having surgery, is much like responding to an emergency for days. It leaves me breathless and shaky and in a fog. I hope to catch up on editing during our drive tomorrow and post tomorrow night when we arrive at the hotel. Thank you for praying and asking others to pray. Thank you for your tangible love and messages of encouragement. I pray you hear His voice in this song and in our continued journey. "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen." Romans 11:36

No comments:

Post a Comment